Wednesday, June 24, 2015

We are Tiramisu


Métro:Ternes (line 2)
Address: 10 rue Bayen, 75017 Paris
Hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 10:00am to 7:30pm
Price: 5 euros per tiramisu
Website: http://www.wearetiramisu.com/


I walked by this place all the time. I have to say that at first I was skeptical about a shop selling only tiramisus. It's a bit daring. But that is exactly what I am - daring. I'm laughing because I am anything but daring (no I won't jump from a plane or dance with a snake) but when it comes to food I am curious. So why not go in and have a look?


I'm surprised by the flavors which are being presented and now I am salivating. I take one look at the Vanilla/Caramel/Pralines tiramisu and it is love at first sight. It just looks perfect! And I am also drawn by the Vanilla/Lavender/Berries.  It sounds interesting.


They survived the trip home which is a miracle because maneuvering a stroller with one hand while holding the precious packet with your other hand is a bit tricky on the narrowed streets of Paris. Verdict? It was creamy and went down like a charm but I was expecting more bold flavors. It was a little too timid for me. The mascarpone cream was lacking flavors even though the texture was great. I also regret the non-existence of the lavender taste which I really was looking forward to. So I'd say it's great to try it once if you're in the neighborhood but it won't become my new addiction.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...