Monday, September 2, 2013

l comme Liza



Métro: Bourse (line 3)
Address: 14 rue de la Banque, 75002 Paris
Hours:  Monday-Friday from 12:00 pm to 3:00pm
Cost: around 11 euros for full menu. Around 5 euros for a sandwich.
Website: www.restaurant-liza.com

I am back from my vacation, feeling rested and energized. Energy is what you need in Paris because there is so much to see and so much to do. When I say so much to do, I mostly refer to food! How do French women stay so skinny when there is so much temptation around?



I, myself, will worry about my weight later because as for now I feel it is my duty to talk about this great eatery: l comme liza. Paris has a soft spot for Lebanese food and so do I. To me it feels so exotic yet so homey to eat there. It's fresh and light yet so filling and satisfying.

Liza has actually two restaurants side by side. One is a real sit-down restaurant which I vowed to try soon and the other one is more of a fast-food eatery. Décor is modern and check out those super cool lamps! They're made of recycled bottles of water. How cool is that!? Since there is only about 10 tables plan on being there right at the opening or a little later than lunch.


You can have a full lunch menu for about 11 euros including an appetizer, entrée and drink or a fruit salad. I personally highly (and I mean HIGHLY) recommend the dates and rose water drink. So refreshing that we usually order a second one.

 

Click here for the menu!  So what is Lebanese Food exactly? No worries, I've tried them all so I can help you out:

Baba ghanouj: Dip made of char-grilled eggplants and garlic.
Falafel: patties made of ground chickpeas and spices (my husband's favorite and only vegetarian meal he will ever eat).
Halloumi: brined cheese made from a mixture of goat's and sheep's milk.
Hummus: dip made of blended chickpeas, sesame tahini and lemon juice.
Kafta: meatballs made with lamb or/and veal (sooooo good)
Labneh: strained yogurt, garnished with good olive oil and sea salt.
Man'ouché: sandwich
Shawarma: pretty similar to gyro's
Tabbouleh: diced parsley salad with burghul, tomato and mint.

 Labné with pita bread as my appetizer.

 And a super good Kafta! My favorite of all times!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...