Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Musée Guimet- Musée National des Arts Asiatiques




Métro: Line 9  Iéna
Bus: Line 32, 63 or 82 Iéna
Address: 6 place d'Iéna, 75116 Paris
Hours: 10:00 am to 6:00pm (last ticket sold at 5:30pm)
             Closed on Tuesdays
Price: 8,50 euros when there is no temporary exhibit
          11,50 euros for the permanent collection and the temporary exhibit
Website: https://www.guimet.fr/


Okay so you're probably wondering why I have been missing for 3 years! Well, that's pretty easy Hubby and I welcomed a baby girl which we will name Choupinette to preserve her identity. Let me just say that Paris is not an infant/toddler friendly place. It is mission impossible to take a stroller on the subway, go in a Parisian shop, let alone a restaurant and even though some museums usually let you cut in on the line, you will have to carry your little one through the exhibit under the scrutiny of other visitors who think that you are crazy. I have seen some brave moms get booed off the bus because their kid was crying. So let just say that I've enjoyed 3 years of parks, forest and farms in Ile-de-France but I avoided Paris at all cost. But now Choupinette is 3. She walks pretty well and going to Paris is fun again. My dear hubby decided to reward our daughter with a daddy/daughter date to the aquarium so I thought I should take this much needed opportunity to go the Museum of Modern Art nearby. Out of luck it was closed for renovation (it since reopened). So I thought I would go next door to visit the Palais de Tokyo which surprisingly I had never visited before. Well, if you love super modern art, this is the place for you but I have to admit I rushed through it because my eyes were bleeding from the pain of seeing what people now call art. Sorry, I know I am going to create some kind of uproar but it is my personal opinion and you are more than welcome to go enjoy the Palais de Tokyo. I just felt I needed to breath and rest my eyes on something more peaceful and zen. Luckily not far from there is the Musée Guimet, the national Asian Art Museum. It is huge and it will take you a good while to see it. You will find pieces from Asia including India, Pakistan, Korea, China and Japan. Anyway, it was a relaxing visit for me and I hope you will enjoy it too.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...