Friday, January 24, 2014

Galerie Vivienne




Métro: Bourse (line 3) or Palais Royal (line 1)
Access: 6 rue Vivienne, 75002 Paris
             4 rue des Petits Champs
             5 Rue de la Banque
Hours:  everyday from 8:30 am to 8:30 pm
Website: http://www.galerie-vivienne.com/


 

Probably one of the prettiest, if not the prettiest passageway of Paris, Galerie Vivienne is like a free minute of spa. I felt right in my element: Free Luxury! I admit it. I like pricey looking things that I cannot afford so I love when I find a way to feel like I live the high life without spending a dime. Let's just call it as it is: I'm superstar cheap.And walking around Galerie Vivienne fulfills my need for affordable indulgence.




Galerie Vivienne bathes in light thanks to its beautiful rotundas.Everything from floor to ceiling is majestic. This gallery was built in 1823 and is 176 meters long. I'm sure you noticed the beautiful mosaics on the floor made by Facchina, the Italian artist. To sound fancy and all knowledgeable, the style is neo-classical Pompeian (Yep I looked on Wikipedia).

 


It's not only gorgeous but filled with little boutiques (for your eyes only of course). I love the beautiful bookstore at the corner:  Jousseaume (www.librarie.jousseaume.fr) which is opened from 11 am to 7 pm Monday through Saturday.

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...