Thursday, November 14, 2013

Arnaud Larher

 

Métro:Mabillon (line 10) or Odéon (line 4)
Address: 93 rue de Seine, 75006 Paris
Other Locations: Here
Hours:  10:00 am to 7:30 pm Tuesday-Thursday
             10:00 am to 8:00 pm Friday-Saturday
             Closed on Monday
Cost: 5 to 7 euros for a pastry
Website: www.arnaud-larher.com


When I entered in this pastry shop, I was not sure if I was in a museum or in an origami store. Everything is immaculate and you feel like your very presence is disturbing the perfect ecosystem of this place. Of course, you are greeted like a VIP by the staff, professional but distant. We are far from grandma's kitchen. I was not sure what to choose. I love when there is a little creativity when it comes to presenting the classics. Arnaud Lahrer is one of the "Meilleur Ouvrier de France" aka is one of the best of France. And it shows, his pastries are perfection on the eyes and intriguing to the mind.


I picked the Tatin. Tarte Tatin is usually an upside down caramel apple pie but Arnaud Lahrer's variation is made with Peach or apricot. The base is streusel with a kind of  thick vanilla mousse. It's an original twist but I have to say that I was expecting a little more out it. Don't get me wrong it was good but it wasn't as outstanding as it looked. Maybe it was a nice museum after all: for the eyes only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...