Sunday, November 10, 2013

Dalloyau



Métro: Boucicaut (ligne 8), or Charles Michels (Line 10)
Address: 69, rue de la Convention - 75015 Paris
Other locations: HERE
Hours: everyday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
Website: http://www.dalloyau.fr/


Dalloyau has charmed more than one since 1682 when he was the official caterer of king Louis XIV. With its worldwide fame and more than 300 years of experience, I was not sure what to expect. In fact, I have known about Dalloyau for many years and never went in to try it. When you have an artisan who goes global, there is always a risk of losing the delicacy of its craft along the way but to gain increased prices at the same time. But I went in at my own risk so I can tell you about it.

It's true some things are super expensive and thoughts run through your mind like: Do they take credits cards that are not gold? But I settled on the macarons and since I was with my sister we decided to splurge on a box of 8 little macarons. They had a deal 8 for 8,50 euros which is WAY cheap compared to others. The flavors remain classics, nothing wild and crazy. I did not care much for the raspberry one but everything else was good until I tried the following two: Pistachio and Chocolate. I about died of gustative pleasure especially the chocolate one which is weird because I often favor fruits over chocolate. It was slightly crunchy and yet so soft and moist. It melted in your mouth like a good brownies but without the pasty heaviness of it. Too bad we had waited  a couple hours to try it out because I think we would have been tempted to return just to buy 8 more chocolate macarons! Well I think I can say they haven't lost their artisan craftsmanship. It's delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...