Thursday, December 12, 2019

Bouillon Pigalle


Métro: Line 2 or 12  Pigalle
Bus: Line 40 or 54 Pigalle
Address: 22, Boulevard de Clichy, 75018 Paris
Hours: Everyday from noon to midnight 
Price: Dish starting at 1.90 euros
Website: https://www.bouillonpigalle.com/


When you're travelling on a budget, you're always envious of those who do not need to worry about money and their lavish restaurant experiences. Well, envy no more.

Next to the very touristy Montmartre is this rather unique place. Bouillon Pigalle is way affordable with dishes starting at 1.90 euros, yes, you read correctly. Customers are a mix between locals and tourists which makes this place way fun for ear dropping (I'm confessing).  As you can tell in the first picture, it is very popular so be there right at noon, after the rush like 3:00 pm, or for early or late dinner.


I arrived at 12:06 pm, already a crowd so I opted for the terrace. I thought it would be cold but not at all, and I truly enjoy the view. Now the real question on my mind, is the food going to be good because it's super cheap? Let's find out!


I started with the classic bistrot dish, the egg/mayo. Pretty good, but again how can you go wrong with an egg and some mayo? (1.90 euros)



Then I got tempted by the salmon pâté (3.90 euros). Portion is huge and it was actually pretty good in flavor and quality. I was already getting full though and regretted ordering a main dish. Next time, I ll do that, 2 starters and a dessert.


Tad dah! A Boeuf Bourguignon (which is a stewed beef in wine sauce) served with pasta which is the traditional French way of doing it (9.80 euros)! Although it does not look like a five star dish, it did taste good. The meat was super tender, but honestly, I only ate a third because the portions are huge and I was a small player.

You probably noticed that usually if I eat out it's for lunch time. The reason is that the prices are not the same. It is always cheaper during lunch time, but not at Bouillon Pigalle, you can enjoy the same dishes at the same amazing price all day until midnight! Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...