Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Frenchie To Go



Métro: Line 3 Sentier
Bus: Line 20 or 39 Réaumur- Montmartre
Address: 9, Rue du Nil, 75002 Paris
Hours: Everyday from 8:30 am  to 5:00 pm 
Price: Dish starting at 8.00 euros
Website: https://www.frenchie-ftg.com/en/home/


We've been wanting to try this place for a while now. Everybody talks about it. It's THE place to be at so that's exactly what we did. FTG as people call it, short for Frenchie To Go is located in the very hip Rue du Nil in the Sentier. It's crowded no matter when you go although I never tried it at breakfast time. It's pretty small, just a few tables. We set ourselves on the Ruben with a side of pickles for Mister and a pulled pork sandwich with side of fries for me. We also got super tempted by the Bacon and Maple Syrup Biscuit.


Let's start with this baby! It was by far our favorite dish. So, so, so decadent. The burst of flavors is incredible and super addictive. We loved it. I wish they would make it bigger but then I think I would feel super guilty eating it, and my hips would hate me afterwards.



The pork was so tender and the spices a bit shy but yet present. The bun was really good as well. The only thing that left me disappointed is the pickled beets that they put on every sandwich. They called it red coleslaw but it's pretty much beets. I love beets. I eat them raw in a salad, roasted or boiled but I hated them on my sandwich so next time I'll definitely ask mine without. Fries were pretty good as well.


And Mister? Well, he hates beets to start with so you can imagine his deception. The pickles were not really pickles to us. More like a fresh cucumber salad with a strong vinegar sauce. I liked them though but it tastes like cucumber, not pickles. For us, the most memorable thing was, for sure, the bacon and maple syrup biscuit. Just for that, I'll go back but take it to go. Overall, nice place, good food, a bit overpriced but a might give another round once of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...