Friday, December 13, 2019

Square d'Orléans


Métro: Line 12 Notre-Dame-de-Lorette or Saint-Georges
Bus: Line 26 or 43 Saint-Georges-Chateaudun
Address: 80, rue Taitbout, 75009 Paris



Well hidden in the 9th arrondissement is Square d'Orléans. Contrary to its name, it is not a park but three courtyards housing hip companies and rich apartments owners. No need to worry about the barrier, you are totally free to go around it and take a peak.



Calm and immaculate, it gave me the feeling of a version of Cannes but without the tumult. It has seen a LOT of famous inhabitant such as Chopin, Georges Sand, Alexandre Dumas or Etienne Arago, just to name a few.



As I was walking in the neighborhood, I really felt that Fall had set in but as I stepped inside the courtyard, I felt like it was already Spring although the fountain was turned off. I hope you get to visit this little heaven. I almost want to bring a long chair and come back in the Summer. Do you think they'll notice?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...