Tuesday, July 16, 2013

M.O.B.

 
 
UPDATE: NO LONGER IN BUSINESS
Métro: Quai de la Gare (ligne 6) or Gare d'Austerlitz (ligne 5)
Address: 34 Quai d'Austerlitz, 75013 Paris
Cost: Burgers starting from 4 euros
Hours: everyday from noon to midnight
Website: http://www.mob-usa.com/



So as I posted a few days ago, my sister and I went to visit la Cité de la Mode et du Design. We got there around lunch time and before we knew it, we were hungry. Our eyes were automatically drawn to this little place that looked like it belonged there and yet it was so un-French. But of course! Straight from Brooklyn, I present to you M.O.B.!


 Menu seems pretty straight forward, burgers and hot dogs. So we placed our orders and we enjoyed the complementary magazine that was a special food comic book, just like home. Before you knew it, the place was fully packed and people were drooling over our food while they waited for theirs. Tip: always be there first!


Yum! So here's the deal: I forgot to tell you, it ain't meat. What!!? A burger without meat?  Yes M.O.B. is a vegetarian restaurant. Everything from main course to dessert. My patty was made from eggplant. I ate veggie burgers a hundred times in my life (yep, they're good) but it was by far one of the best. It was surprising at first because compared to the more tamed and dried versions I had before, this one was really moist and flavorful. Even my sister that is 100% carnivorous enjoyed every single bite of it.


Thanks, we did. Well, beside the chocolate cheesecake my sister ordered. It was too vegan for us made with oats, cashews and soy. After She's Cake, we could not possibly like the M.O.B 's version of it. It just wasn't good to our untrained taste buds.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...