Monday, November 18, 2019

Fondation Taylor



Métro: Line 12  Saint Georges
Bus: Line 74 Saint Georges
Address: 1 rue La Bruyère, 75009 Paris
Hours: 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm 
            Closed on Sunday and Monday
Price: Free


I have no idea why I have never heard of this place before but I am overexcited to talk to you about it today. The Fondation Taylor is not an art gallery nor a museum. It is an association that helps artists by organizing exhibits, events but also attributing prizes and scholarship to help the struggling and yet so deserving artists out there. They don't take a commission on the sales of art pieces. You can donate through their website to participate in the project but it is totally free to visit the exhibits.


The building itself is gorgeous and full of light. It is five stories high in a nice neighborhood. The lady at the front desk was so nice and was happy to help you discover the artists. I truly fell in love with the place because unlike some art galleries in Paris, everyone is welcome without judgement so I saw a rich Russian tourist and a starving student being treated exactly the same and that my friends, is a miracle in itself.


I have to say that it gave me so much joy and fulfillment to discover this place. I wanted to buy a few pieces myself (although I didn't because well, I didn't have much on my bank account). But I will definitely follow a couple artists whom I discover there: Sylviane Canini and Claire Mérigeau. 



You can also go on a treasure hunt. Much to my surprise on the last floor, there is a little tiny room which appears to be a  dark closest. Do you see it, right there on the bottom left corner? Well, you need to go and look up because there is the most beautiful tile ceiling. that's super cool.


I will go back regularly for sure. I haven't been so excited about a place for a long time. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...