Sunday, November 17, 2019

Otium


Subway: Saint-Georges (Line 12) or Pigalle (Line 12 or 2)
Bus: Pigalle-Chaptal (Bus 74)
Address: 56 rue de la Rochefoucauld, 75009 Paris
Hours: : Everyday from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
              Closed Sunday and Monday
Price: Starting at 3 euros
Website and other Locations: https://www.facebook.com/otiumparis/



I really don't know where to start on that one so I guess I'll start at the beginning. I heard of this vegetarian spot a while back. I was in the neighborhood but it was a bit too early for lunch and too late for breakfast but since I had neither one in my belly, I just wanted a snack and something to warm me up.

The place is small, just a few tables but the greeting is outstanding. The owner talks to you like you've been best friends forever. It's so unusual and nice that I truly wonder if he is Parisian.

I opted for the Golden Latte (around 5 euros if I remember well) made with almond milk and the peanut butter and maple syrup cookie ( around 3 euros). The Golden latte was just outstanding. The subtil hints of curcuma, ginger and cardamon marry so well with the almond milk. I was so tempted to order another one. The cookie was good but in the shadow of my golden latte.

They serve breakfast items all day like homemade granola bowl, vegan scones or even chia pudding. For lunch, you have a deal: sandwich + dessert for 14 euros or the bowl + dessert for 17. A real deal. I have to admit I already know what I will order next time:  the sweet potato bowl made with roasted sweet potatoes, cucumber, pickled fennel, avocado, cilantro, pumpkin seeds, quinoa and salad. Salivating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...