Monday, June 3, 2013

Panthéon


Métro: Maubert-Mutualité or Cardinal-Lemoine  (ligne 10)
RER B: Luxembourg
Arrondissement:5
Address: Place du Panthéon
Hours: 10am-6pm
Cost: 7.50 euros (free for kids under 18, european students between 18 and 25). you can buy your ticket online to avoid the line!
Website: http://pantheon.monuments-nationaux.fr/



There is something really cool about the Pantheon. I feel like I just traveled to Rome on a budget! It's huge and so majestic. This building is full of light which for French buildings is a change. Some parts are being renovated but it almost was not noticeable.




Well, when I said light, I meant until you go visit the crypt that is. But the crypt is one of the biggest I have ever seen. You can find the tomb of all the best of the best minds and talents of France: Victor Hugo; Zola, Voltaire, Rousseau, Alexandre Dumas, Jean Moulin, Pierre and Marie Curie... just to name a few! I usually don't like paying to see things in Paris but I have to say it was money well spent.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...